"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

"New" news

I was on facebook last night and came across an article published in Haiti describing some of the new laws they are hoping to apply there regarding adoption. The laws right now in Haiti state that a couple should be married for 10 years and be over age 35, but under the new laws, a couple will be required to be married for only 5 years and be 30 years of age. This is excellent news for our family, since we have been married about 5 1/2 years and are both 31 years old!
When we found out we weren't going to get into IBESR, before they closed in preparation for the new laws to take effect, we were initially disappointed, but today I am filled with joy as I see once again how God has protected us and placed us in IBESR at exactly the right timing for our family. He knew what changes were to come and how they would effect us. I am honestly a bit embarrassed at my own doubt and questioning of God's timing. Today I am humbled at how He cares for me and loves my family so much. Please continue praying for our family and our child(ren) as we all wait to become a forever family. I am including a link to the article that explains how some of the new laws will effect adoption in Haiti. Have a blessed day! Ephesians 3:20. God can do ANYTHING!

http://bostonherald.com/news/international/americas/view/20121130haiti_seeks_to_fix_broken_adoption_system

1 comment:

  1. wow! Great news! So exciting! I know about doubt and questioning God's plan. Keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete