"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Catching Up and Calling Out

Life has been absolutely crazy. Crazy beautiful and chaotic and hard, all at the same time. Many of you know our family went to Haiti this past May to meet the children we were matched with. I had planned to share our wonderful experience shortly after returning, but the day after we got home, the tornado hit Moore. I didn't have time to even begin to process my trip to Haiti; the minute I turned around, it seemed Haiti had followed me home.
My office was destroyed, so my focus was force shifted to finding a new place to meet with clients. As soon as that need was met and things appeared to be calming down, James and I learned of some struggles somebody had that we dearly love, so we began battling in prayer for restoration. Those of you who are prayer warriors know that wrestling in prayer is absolutely worth every breath and minute spent, but it's exhausting!

That leads us to where we are now...I guess it's time to play catch up, so back to Haiti we go.
Our trip in May was fabulous!  Every.single.second.we.were.there.  And it wouldn't have been the same without Addi. She amazes me more every day. Actually her heart for the Lord amazes me more every day. The instant she set eyes on our sweet children, she was in love. She carried them. She entertained them. She helped change diapers. She shared her toys. It just came natural to her. The kids laughed together, played together, smiled for the camera together, cuddled at night, and did most anything siblings do together. For James and I, we felt our family was complete, and we knew that the Lord had called us to Haiti for such a time as this.
Our children...are absolutely beautiful, sweet, playful, cherished, desired, loved, and the apple of God's eye. I could go on and on. They stole my heart and I miss them so much!

Our chidren...are also stuck.

I wish I could continue on with a time-line of when our children will be home, but that's just not the case. We found out a couple of days ago that our kids are not adoptable at this time. There were many lies associated with their case when the children were brought to the creche, that our agency and creche were unaware of.  A court date a few weeks ago brought it all to light. Right now I am clinging to Jeremiah 29:11: "I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." I am claiming that over my life and the lives of the 3 sweet children we left in Haiti. To be honest, I feel broken, exhausted, beaten down, and afraid. I don't know how to pray and have found myself in tears more this week than all of 2013 combined. I have no doubt that the Holy Spirit is interceding for me in my brokenness (Romans 8:26-27). I know the Lord has me and our children in the palm of his hand (Psalm 139:5), and that His plan is always best; I also know His plan isn't always easy.

I am calling out for your prayers, now more than ever. James and I have no intention of pulling out of Haiti at all. We have invested countless hours and dollars preparing our dossier, paid half of our adoption fees to our agency, and know that we are called to adopt...from Haiti. It may take several different referrals (matches) or pursuing different avenues before the Lord decides it is the right time, and we are willing to wait on the Lord (Psalm 27:14). Waiting isn't my favorite thing to do. We need prayers for wisdom, discernment, and perseverance. I (Rachelle) need prayers for peace and joy despite this storm. Haiti isn't an easy country to adopt from; as a matter of fact, it's one of the hardest. We are praying about what our response will be to this "upset" of what we thought the plan was. We know that the Lord does not shut one door without opening another. He will fulfill His promise to us and to His children in Haiti, who He loves even more than I can. (John 14:18).

Exodus 14:14 "The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still."

2 comments:

  1. Oh Rachelle! Reading this with tears of frustration rolling down my face. I am so sorry that you are going through all of this.
    Please know that I have been praying for you buy I am going to be ramping up my prayers. I know God has glorious things in store for you but I also know that waiting is never easy. He has created in you a beautiful heart and His rewards for you are Grand. I just read from Joyce Meyers that " when it seems you feel the least and hear the least is when He is working the most". It spoke very loudly to me but I wasn't sure why until I read your update. Sending up prayers for all of you. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for you sweet and dear friend.... My heart too breaks for you.... I love you beautiful lady and I can't wait to see what God had in-store for you

    ReplyDelete