"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27

Thursday, March 7, 2013

A birthday request...

It's been so long since I have updated the blog! I apologize, but there really has not been anything to post as an update. There is so much uncertainty in Haiti right now, with adoption in general. The order of operations has changed a bit, as far as when we will receive a referral, so we are prayerfully waiting to celebrate the day this does happen. We have learned so much already through the short time we have been in the process. God has put some amazing families in our lives and has continued to reveal His will for our lives. We are continually seeking Him and He is refining us daily.


My birthday is next week, March 11 (Monday). This is a really special day already, but to make it even more special, I have a request for all my friends and family. An adoptive family who is going through the same agency and orphanage as we are adopting from, has called for a day of fasting and prayer on Monday, March 11. There is nothing at all that would make my birthday any better than to know my family and friends are crying out to God with our family on behalf of the children who are without a family and especially for adoptions in Haiti, with all the changes and uncertainty. I will include a copy of what the other family sent out to all adopting from our agency so you can be praying specifically as you fast and pray Monday. I am honored to be part of something huge, not just for our family, but for so many others waiting for babies to come home and for so many children who deserve the love of a forever family. Our family has fasted and prayed several times about some BIG things, and not once have things remained the same. Each time, we see God move in mighty ways! We are expectant to see what God is going to do and thank you for joining with us! We love you all!!!

Psalm 63:2-5
"I have seen you in the sanctuary and behold you power and glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you."

Here is the message from our friends at our agency
This is a CALL TO ACTION FOR ALL VOTO FAMILIES, (with Heathers
blessing), Let us set aside Monday March 11th, 2013 to Pray and Fast
about the issues going on in IBESR! After Heathers most recent post
about how complicated things are with IBESR and all the hold ups in
the process, we need to come together in agreement for our children to
break this process wide open!

The Lord has impressed upon me to ask all to participate in praying
through Isaiah 58 vs 6-9 which says:{6} Is this not the kind of
fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the
cords of the yoke? {7} Is it not to share your food with the hungry
and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter: when you see the naked,
to clothe him, and not to turn away from your own flessh and blood?
{8} Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing
will quickly appear; then your rightousness will go before you, and
the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard. {9} Then you will call
and THE LORD WILL ANSWER; you will cry for help, and He will say HERE
I AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeremiah 32 vs 27, the Lord says "I AM THE LORD, THE GOD OF ALL
MANKIND. IS THERE ANYTHING TO HARD FOR ME?

We are so excited to join with you all to humble ourselves before our
mighty God and see Him move mountians for HIS people in Haiti!

No comments:

Post a Comment